6 essential skin care tips for your wedding day
Every bride wants flawless skin on her wedding day (along with the perfect dress, shoes, flowers…and the groom, of course). There are thousands of articles about what to do and what not to do for a clear, glowing complexion—enough to lead to confusion and more stress. So, we created an easy and essential guide to help you achieve a wedding-worthy glow on your big day.
Start early. When it comes to wedding skin care and beauty prep, there’s no such thing as starting too soon. Find a daily skin care routine that works for you. Use a gentle, natural ingredient-based cleanser like YOUTH® Luminous Gel Oil Cleanser that’s free of artificial fragrances, questionable surfactants/detergents, and harsh chemicals. Follow your cleanser with a toner, such as YOUTH® Perfecting Skin Toner, to deep-clean your pores, hydrate, exfoliate, nourish, and remove any last traces of grime. Always wear a broad spectrum sunscreen. For extra care, you can also try a targeted solution developed for your skin type.
- Think vitamin C for glowing skin. Vitamin C is known to help plump and brighten skin and improve overall skin tone. To get glowing skin for your wedding day, we recommend adding a serum to your regimen that is free of questionable chemicals and formulated with skin-friendly ingredients. Try YOUTH® Radiance C + E, which uses a patented formula of 20% pure vitamin C and vitamin E plus raspberry cell extract.
- Follow a healthy diet. Do your best to eat clean and lead a healthy lifestyle. Include healthy protein like salmon and chicken and fresh fruits and veggies in your diet. Drinking green tea is beneficial too. It contains many bioactive compounds that function as powerful antioxidants to increase circulation. Also, keep yourself well hydrated by drinking 8–10 glasses of water daily. Your skin will thank you for it!
- Get support from multivitamins. Beautiful hair and nails are a focus for many brides, but sometimes our diets fall short of supplying all the nutrients we need for support. Try taking a supplement to ensure that your body is getting all the essential nutrients for shiny hair and strong nails. You can try Vitalizer Women, which provides advanced nutrition with a full spectrum of clinically supported vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytonutrients, omega-3 fatty acids, probiotics, and more in one convenient Vita-Strip.
- Make exercise a part of your day. Exercise helps to improve blood flow throughout the body and to your skin. It also helps control stress, improve sleep, boost mood, and keep weight in check. Try to get 30–60 minutes of exercise every day.
- Make time for a de-stressing massage. Everyone knows that wedding planning can be stressful. It’s important to make sure you’re taking time for yourself and remembering to de-stress. Getting a massage is the perfect remedy. What’s more, the improved circulation a massage brings will add a healthy glow to your skin.
Most importantly, don’t obsess—it’s your wedding and you will look beautiful no matter what! But for that special glow on the day, a little insurance couldn’t hurt, right?
Source: Blog Post