15 ways to spread the holiday cheer
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
The arrival of the holiday season often means spending time with family, exchanging gifts, and enjoying delicious meals together. But it’s also the perfect time to focus on gratitude and giving.
This holiday season, brighten someone’s day with a simple act of kindness each day. When you share small acts of kindness, you not only spread cheer to someone else, but you also elevate your own mood.
Here are some simple ideas to spread some joy:
- Pay for the person in line behind you, whether it’s a coffee, a movie ticket, or their groceries.
- Buy toys and donate them to a children’s hospital.
- Visit a nursing home and spend time with the elderly.
- Bake cookies for the neighbors who you’ve never met before.
- Collect cans of food and donate them to a food bank.
- Give a generous tip to a waiter/waitress.
- Leave a cheerful note on someone’s windshield.
- Give a genuine compliment to someone.
- Bring some blankets, pet food, or food/water bowls to an animal shelter.
- Donate blood and save a life.
- Pack lunches for those who have to work on holidays (police, nurses, firefighters).
- Surprise a colleague with a box of chocolates or cupcakes.
- Send handmade cards to those serving in the military.
- Give food or warm socks to a homeless person.
- Donate to Shaklee Cares to help people impacted by natural disasters.
Giving back creates a ripple effect. Your generosity might inspire further acts of kindness in turn!
Source: Blog Post