10 Body-Positive Mantras to Say in the Mirror
As babies, we’re captivated by our bodies—we can spend hours rolling around just checking out every part of our bodies. And as children, we confidently attempt cartwheels and break out into impromptu dance parties—more concerned with having fun and being included than thinking about how we look while doing it. But somehow from adolescence to adulthood, instead of rejoicing in how strong our bodies are and how much we have evolved, we start doubting that confidence we gained as children and start worrying about how we look.
Instead of focusing on what our bodies can do, we focus on what our bodies can’t do or how we don’t look. In the process, we start this negative inner dialogue that may limit our self-confidence and hold us back from reaching our potential and ultimately, living our best lives. We lose sight of everything we’re capable of and how incredible the human body really is, imperfections and all. And in turn, we make it even harder to make positive changes.
Let’s be real. All bodies are amazing and there is no wrong way to have a body. Saying positive affirmations to yourself can help transform your thoughts and feelings about your body (about anything, really) and you actually start to believe what you are saying. These mantras should be bold and powerful to help you change the direction of your own thoughts. If you want to start practicing using affirmations, it’s recommended to set aside a certain time of day to do them and incorporate them into your routines. Here are 10 body-positive mantras to help you learn to love the skin you’re in.
- I am beautiful.
- I am worth more than my appearance.
- I am enough and I always have been.
- I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.
- I am grateful for everything my body allows me to do.
- I will not listen to the negative voices in my head.
- I love the person staring back at me in the mirror.
- I will not compare myself to anyone else.
- I will treat my body with love and respect.
- My body is my home and I will build it up, not tear it down.
Now go forth and love your beautiful self.
Source: Blog Post